The front parlor recreates the Philomathean Society room at Wesleyan College as it would have appeared when it was founded in 1852, the Philomathean Society is today known as Phi Mu. Like the Adelphian parlor the marble mantel and all original light fixtures were moved with the furniture collection. A beautiful glass chandelier illuminates the room which is addorned by the portraits of the ladies who originally founded the sorority.
The Philomathean motto can be seen on jewelry in case displays and on a needlepoint bench cover in the room.
For more information about Phi Mu Fraternity, visit the website: http://www.phimu.org/ .
Web Graphics by Myra Fiveash of Fiveash Design
Philomathean (Phi Mu) Collection