The parlor furnishing and paintings of the founding members of the Philomathean Society organized at Wesleyan College in Macon, GA in 1852.
The front parlor recreates the Philomathean Society room as it appeared at Wesleyan College. The Philomathean Society is today known as Phi Mu. Like the Adelphean parlor the marble mantel and all original light fixtures were moved with the furniture collection. A beautiful glass chandelier illuminates the room which is adorned by the portraits of the ladies who originally founded the sorority.
The Philomathean motto can be seen on jewelry in case displays and on a needlepoint bench cover in the room.
For more information about Phi Mu Fraternity, visit their website.