The Cannonball House offers various age-appropriate, curriculum-based school programs for pre-K through 12th grades. All school programs include a tour of the Cannonball House and its unique kitchen and servants’ quarters and encourage student participation. To schedule a tour or to learn more about our school programs, please contact us here.
In addition, tours can be customized to emphasize any area that students are currently studying, such as architecture, geography, Civil War history, local or Georgia history, music, etc. Here are some of our upcoming programs:
- Millie’ Story time – April 29 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Children K-6th grade enjoy a story, craft and snack. $1 FREE for parents
- Herbs for Kids – May 20 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. This class is for students K – 12th grade which introduces them to herbs and their many uses. Hands on activities. Reservations required. Limit: 15 $10 per student
- Millie’s Story time – May 27 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Children K-6th grade enjoy a story, craft and snack. $1 FREE for parents
- Kid’s Kitchen – June 3, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Children K-3rd grade will enjoy this hands on cooking class. Reservations required. Limit: 12 $15 per student
- Miss Elizabeth’s Academy – July 8th, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. for young ladies 4th – 7th grade. This class will instruct girls on proper introductions, manners, setting a proper dinner table, 19th century etiquette, usage of calling cards and fan language. Limit: 12 girls $15 per student Reservations required.
Ask us about our Girl Scout programs!
View the Educational Events on the Calendar