The Cannonball House, named for damage sustained during the War Between the States, was built in 1853 as a planter’s townhouse. Located in Macon, Georgia, The Cannonball House is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is an example of authentic Greek Revival architecture containing fine period furnishings.
The Cannonball House is devoted to acquiring, conserving, interpreting, and exhibiting artifacts reflecting Georgia’s heritage from the antebellum through reconstruction eras. We strive to engage and inspire community members and visitors by presenting authentic and entertaining educational programs, exhibits, and special events through a wide range of history.
For more information, please call 478-745-5982 or visit www.cannonballhouse.org